The Devon County Agricultural Association has played a leading role in the development of agriculture and the rural economy in Devon since its formation in 1872.
Our flagship event is the Devon County Show, staged every third week of May at Westpoint near Exeter, as a gigantic shop window for local agriculture, horticulture, food and drink, rural crafts and forestry.
The DCAA is accountable to the membership through its Council, with strategic decision-making delegated to a small Board of Directors. It is a company limited by guarantee and a registered charity. It owns a subsidiary company, Westpoint Centre (Devon) Ltd, that is charged with generating income from DCAA buildings and land during the remaining 11 months of the year.
Click Here to visit the Devon County Show Website
Click Here to visit the Westpoint Website
The President is elected for a one-year term and the post is currently held by The Countess of Arran MBE DL, of Castle Hill, Filleigh, near South Molton. Our Board is chaired by John Maunder JP DL and Council by Mary Quicke MBE; Richard Maunder is the Chief Executive and the Show Secretary is Mrs Ollie Allen.
Membership offers exceptional value! Become a member of the DCAA to save money on entry to the Devon County Show and support rural Devon.
Membership benefits include:
• 'Fast Track' admission to the Devon County Show on all three days.
• Use of the Members' Area, which includes a restaurant, bar and all day buffet area, grandstand and cloakroom facilities.
• Forward Area Parking.
• Voucher for complimentary Show Guide.
• A copy of our annual Members' magazine to keep you up to date with news and events for the year.
• Members can purchase up to two guest badges online.
Click Here to find out more about Membership
The DCAA runs an on-farm lamb shearing event, supports Farm Wise Devon (connecting children to the sources of their food) and specialist one-day show, Beef South West.
It also runs several annual award schemes and bursaries:
• The Prince of Wales Award is for community eco-projects
• The Long Service Awards recognise 30 years’ or more service with the same employer
• The Devon Farm Business Awards are run in partnership with the Addington Fund and Stephen Scown Solicitors
• The DCAA awards a travel bursary for the benefit of the Devon Federation of Young Farmer Clubs
• The DCAA awards bursaries to two students at Bicton College annually.
Pictured is Ranald Fowler, who received the 2015 Lifetime Achievement Award for his transformative work as Chairman for many years of the co-operative Mole Valley Farmers.
Devon County Agricultural Association
Clyst St Mary
Phone: 01392 446000